星期一, 三月 07, 2005

the pursuit of the Holy

What follows is what passes for a conclusion to my little conundruum. I'll probably talk (and complain) about it more, but I'm making a decision tonight.

I know what I want from my college experience. I want to know God. I want to seek Him. I want to know things and languages and words and glories and ecstasies and poetry and art till they fall off my lips and seep out my skin faster than I can think them. I want to be a scholar. I want to backpack all over the world. I want to help the body of Christ remember who she is--- the bride of the Holy.

In the long run a girlfriend is not incompatable with these aims. However, I believe for the present a romantic relationship would hinder the attainment of that which I so earnestly seek. I need my mind clear and agile to achieve the goal I so earnestly seek--- God, His Wisdom and Knowledge and everything He has.

Now I don't believe in making vows. Mainly because, more often than not, I break them. But until further notice, I think this is how it's going to be, one day at a time. That notice is God's and not mine.

Now there is a reason why I am publishing this. It's not because I am smart enough to figure it out by myself. I am not. I am thankful for the bloggers herein with the experience and kindness to say words I needed to hear even when it was a tad uncomfortable (Doesn't mean I want it to stop--- keep them coming!). I'm publishing this because because on the hope that if I fall head over heels again, someone will have the infinite compassion to ask me before I get into anything, "Have you found the adventure yet?"

I thank you all. Pax vobiscum.

Daniyel

0 Comments:

发表评论

<< Home