星期五, 三月 04, 2005

paths in the snow

Being a Michigan native as I am means learning to deal with snow. You get to a point where you learn to find the footprints of people who cut through the snowy fields before you. If you follow in someone else's footsteps, then you are don't have to walk around the opposite end of the world to try and walk to the mall.

Admittedly this method isn't perfect and I have drenched my socks more than once trying to jump from footprint to footprint on my many walking adventures. I guess the hope is, though, that if enough people miss and biff their foot in the snow, a path of ice will form and more people will be able to cut through the get where they need to go.

I have to think that maybe God is a little like that. We have trials, pain and suffering and they hurt us today but maybe they will enable us to help others on the road of life. Maybe because I "drenched my socks" in, say, the death of my friend Steve, I will be able to help others who lost a friend. As the more stuff happens, the easier it is to deal with stuff because empathy promotes healing. This is how the body of Christ looks after each other, in the path of the pain of shared experiences that allows us to get where we all need to be--- the arms of Almighty God.

going to visions tonight.... pray I can minister to believers and unbelievers. I feel a definate bias towards the former in my minstery adventures.

much love
Daniyel

0 Comments:

发表评论

<< Home