星期日, 二月 27, 2005

orthodoxy

I've been thinking about orthodoxy lately and whether or not it's harmful for the church. Don't get me wrong, there has to be a logical right and wrong. There is too much evidence, (conscience, similarities between universal morality) that says somethings are right and wrong no matter what. What I want to know is how the church can call these things out because they are bad, not by appealing to "God said so." God is not arbitrary nor is scripture. God is not tame but he is not mean either. My problem is, what are we supposed to do about this logical right and wrong?

Now this question applies to the outside world--- not the church. Scripture is very clear that family business must be dealt with in the open without any hiding or secrecy. Look at 1 Corinthians 5. If a brother is playing in the mud instead of going to the feast, it is your duty to correct them.

But what about the world and our daily relations with it? If I know a non-believer doing something wrong, should I tell them? Should I be silent? What if it hurts them or their futures?

I think we must use love in these situations. Even more than that we should be willing to be among them, even in their sin. More importantly we should be willing to say something only if they ask. I don't take well to unsolicitied advice. Do you? How much good will it do if we preach? How much good will it do if we remain silent? I don't know but the Holy Spirit must lead.

I told Dan and Company I would pray about Harry Potter. I feel very strongly about the issue but I am also scared for what the community we have would say. Submitting one to another is very good in principle but a lot harder to actually do. I covet my stories and feel I am led by God to do what I am doing with them. But is it possible for the family of God to agree to disagree? God come quickly and show us what we should do.

Daniyel

2 Comments:

At 10:10 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

alrighty redpoolscuba boy, you gotta head over to my blogspot and say somethin, let me know what you think, etc. its xanga.com/jesusmetal. hope to hear from ya soon. mrt

 
At 9:50 上午, Blogger Michael said...

Why not have a look at the very first post on my blog?

M

 

发表评论

<< Home