星期二, 八月 30, 2005

Understanding tragedy and paying attention

I've noticed that we don't pay attention to things that don't have a lot of proximity to us. Living in Michigan, things like the hurricanes in Lousiana or genocides in Africa don't really occupy a large part of our time. Why is that? The conflict in places like Sudan is just as weighty as 9/11 or Oklahoma City. Why don't pay more attention to the world around us?

To let everybody know, I think I'm comng to some resolution to those issues of being comfortable in my own skin that I mentioned earlier. God is good and faithful and He shows me how I'm His now matter what. God's love is amazing and there's really no way to say that without sounding trite, but I don't care. It doesn't make his love any less amazing and astounding.

I love You Jesus

Daniel

1 Comments:

At 7:48 上午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

You know why we don't notice those things is that they don't involve us directly. What happened Lousiana hits to close to home for so many of us.

But what happens in Africa is to far away to put our mind around.

It's a shame because human suffering is still human suffering.

Yes, this is your mother....

 

发表评论

<< Home