星期五, 七月 22, 2005

pursuit of the prodigal....

As I write this, I find myself in Espresso Royale perched in my usual corner of the patio. I'm a little tired, probably from a lack of caffeine, and it's a little difficult to concentrate, more because I think too much than because of any fatigue, real, imagined or chemically induced.

It's been about three and 1/2 days since I returned from camp, and I'm still trying to process what a shock the itinerate, cultural life was to my system. Don't get me wrong, I am so glad I had this opportunity and would do it again in a heartbeat. But honestly, this trip forced me to examine a lot of previously held conceptions I had about myself, culture, and the nature of friends, home and family.

The thing is, I didn't think I was going to miss people as much as I did. This scared me, because I have known for a long time that traveling was something I wanted to be a huge part of my life. I still believe this. However, how do you form the needed context/root system (in a word what I missed) when you keep traveling? Last month, I was able to get a taste of that question and it frightened me a little.

However, I'm a bit thankful for this little scare, only because it showed me that my context is in God. I didn't know this before I stepped on the pilgrims road and waged exploits in the wilds of nothern minnesota. He gives me roots and context and all the things that define my heart. He passes me on a name, because it puts in the middle of, not only something, but someone, bigger than myself. Praise God, this intinerate warrior is starting to know who he is....

Into the wilds...

Daniel

By the way, pray for England. The world is going crazy and our brothers and sisters need our prayers...

1 Comments:

At 4:17 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Welcome home Daniel, not only back to Lansing, but into God's heart. Our home is in Him alone and it's good to see you finally getting there.

 

发表评论

<< Home