星期日, 十月 30, 2005

picking a fight or a new charismatic theology

Hey people, I'm back, the mood struck me, mainly because I needed to answer some questions and I thought maybe ya'all at the redpool could help me. Here it goes,

1. How do we save the world? The Bible says that we are to "Change our minds, because the kingdom of God has drawn near." (Matthew 4:17) That rule of God, in Jesus' mind at any rate, is characterized by saving the world (Luke 4:18-19) This is what he ends up doing when he lands on earth--- fixing stuff. In fact, it occured to me, that a culturally responsible translation of the word "Christ" is a "hero sent by God". How do we as "little Christs" (ie Christians) be little heros sent by God to save our world?

2. What does this mean for the gifts of the spirit? My friend Nathaniel says that the only thing miracles attest to are the Gospel of God, not our doctrine, nor our own level of quality in God. This Gospel of the Kingdom is the point and idea behind the miracles and crazy stuff that pentecostals claim God backs them up with. How do we get more of it? ie the most God is willing to give?

3. How can we be compassionate and Christlike to those God does not see fit to bless with the miraculous? How do we minister peace and no condemnation to the dying and the sick? None of this you didn't have enough faith crap now, that's a good way to have me go out of my way to kick you in the balls.... Seriously though, how do we be kind and compassionate to the dying while still, standing up for the possiblity that God could do something...

4. Are there any instances in the walking around, talking, eating, sleeping, studying life of an MSU college student like myself, where persons in my sphere of influence are possesed by demons and do not know it? How is one aware one is in this situation and how does one minister life and healing? I would assume it's not only screaming "get out in the name of Jesus" because the verse below deals almost specifically with virtue as the weapons of our warfare. How do we fight more and better, eh?

picking a fight with evil,

Daniel

ps... (new Narnia trailer at www.narniaweb.com.... ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE BABY!!!! YEAH!!!!)

December 9th 2005!


Finally, my brothers, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the stratagems of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenlies. Because of this, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having accomplished all things, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking up the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; through every prayer and petition, praying in every season in the Spirit, being watchful to this same thing with all perseverance and petition concerning all the saints-- and for me, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel,
(Eph 6:10-19)

2 Comments:

At 7:09 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

New charismatic theology huh?

So what do you do when you see a spiritual battle, and a struggle so deep, but you have no idea what to do because the battle is so overwhelming? Do you run, because you are not in training and haven't been in active duty for five years, and kinda watch the battle go on and stay out of it, or do you stand and fight? I want to stand and fight, and in the midst of the battle, school takes such presidence over everything?

My church is under major spiritual attack right now. Basically, all of the people who my pastor put underneath him and delegated leadership to have resigned, and we're left with an overwhelming void. I'm talking about eight elders, an associate pastor, two worship pastors, three youth pastor/leaders...an entire kinship full of good families. All gone. Sunday night, we actually held a congretational meeting. I've never seen a room so full of hurt and frustration. What it basically boiled down to was the fact that people put programs in place of intimate encounters with god, games in place of personal quiet times, fellowship with saints that goes deeper than fellowship with God. What to do when your heart is overwhelmed, and you reach a point of desperation and it feels like everything in your church is falling slowly apart?

I want to fight. I don't know how. I want to kick Satan's tail, but how? There's gossip and rumors and backbiting and old old wounds that people are finally crying about. What on earth does one do?

 
At 12:13 上午, Blogger Daniel said...

With regards to the new charismatic theology... Let it not be said I wasn't ambitious. I think I want to be the first charismatic scholar ever, what do you think?

Who said you weren't in active duty for any length of time? You tought me how to use my sword, for goodness sakes! Of course you were fighting all these years and you still fight today! Never lose sight of the rewards you are going to reap at the Bema, Linda, never.

I will pray for you church though. It sounds ugly and deep and scarred and in need of Jesus to heal stuff.

Peace of Christ

Daniel

 

发表评论

<< Home