星期五, 十月 21, 2005

God is a lot more faithful than I...

I love God because he's a lot more faithful than I. I love Him because His growth is instinctive and real and deep. I love Him because he's more real than even I. I love Him because He lights my imagination on fire with characters and languages and friends and songs and love. I love Him because He screams in prophecy pregnant with destiny and study saturated with the love of friends. I love Him because He reads my stuff even before I write it. I love Him because He writes life on my heart. I love Him because he lights my imagination on fire with blazing trees of autumn that serve as signs to Heaven screaming LOOK UP! I love Him because He supports the spiritual gift of punching people in the head, including when I'm the one who deserved to get punched. I love Him because He invented ska music and revolutionary cries. I love Him because He is God and I am not. I love Him because before I criticize others he commands I look at myself, the one just as culpable (I'm not nearly as loud when I talk about the plank in my own eye, am I?) I love Him for my dancing off rhythm and a world of adventures and fun that don't require I do things because other people think I should. I love Him for helping me not care about what people think (when I can swing it). I love God because He is God and had defined His identity by His existence (as opposed to the gods I sometimes serve who simply aren't---- Ex 3:14). I love God because He likes to dance and swing and dip us through the universe in this great dance of everything. I love God because He is.

mad love redpool

Daniel

2 Comments:

At 8:52 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Terrific little blog - well worth a visit. I'm still trying to get mine together on stuff like how to cook salmon. Come take a look if you get the chance.

 
At 1:41 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Very beautiful daniel!!! That's all I can say.

your mother

 

发表评论

<< Home