星期三, 九月 21, 2005

the redpool again...

I haven't had much time to post and it's killing me, I think. I have to write, because I feel like my spiritual life takes it's shape when I write. I pray often, but when I write-- I talk. I love. I speak my mind and the real Daniel comes out. The me you see on here is the closest thing you get to the real Daniel. I mean that, something about writing helps me live from my deep heart. I make it a point to be as brutally honest on this thing as I can (at least with where I'm at--- another reason why my bursts on the redpool come infrequently is that sometimes my wanderings take the shape of dealings with others and I don't want to spill their business to the masses)

My business, on the other hand, must be spilt. I feel that is why I feel an itch to write on this thing if I go too long without it. God's calling me to write. He's calling me to my keyboard because he loves me and he knows me. He knows this is how I see things, how I process the adventure of the Holy. I long for God to show me things and he uses me and the random scribllings of pen on paper or fingers on keys to show me Himself. I seek God when I write and it's cohesive. Something happens. I get somewhere and a point is made and a vision is seen. God shows up when I write and like Jacob when he wrestled the angel, "God was here all along and I didn't even know it."

Daniel

7 Comments:

At 11:49 上午, Blogger Daniel said...

Pardon my mistake, The incident with Jacob saying, "Surely the Lord is in this place and I did not know it." happened when he saw the ladder going up and down from Heaven at Bethel, not when he wrestled the angel. See Genesis 28:10-22 for the full story!

 
At 1:35 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

hey dork this is the great and wise latino...well not really. maybe just you know, me. but umm anyways dude i love reading your stuff. only you and tweedlebug rachel mckinney are so poignant that reading your writings is like a breath of fresh air and a glimpse into the truest heart of a person. so keep on keeping on. besides it does make for a good read on my breaks lol...talk to ya later friend...mrt

 
At 8:52 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Okay question. Why are you studying languages then?

 
At 1:39 上午, Blogger Daniel said...

They are the same thing, really just writing and spiling in different modes and rhythms and peoples. Simply put, English doesn't have enough expression, God made other languages cause he wanted stuff to be expressed in different ways and patterns. Languages (and cultures as a whole) are different ways of seeing the world. The worldview of a native Chinese speaker is different from that of a Latino and so on. Languages broaden me by teaching me a small part of that worldview.

Daniel

 
At 1:26 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Boy you must have had very wise parents!!!

 
At 4:58 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

The busier my life is, and the less time I have to read your blogs, the more addictive they become. Last year when I was bored out of my mind, I never read them. Now that I have forty hours of studying a week to occupy my time, I can't get enough of them.

 
At 6:02 下午, Blogger Daniel said...

HAHA, at least I have one devoted fan.

Daniel

 

发表评论

<< Home