星期五, 九月 30, 2005

decisions......

I don't usually post what's happening in my life on this several hundred pages of blogging bliss. A lot of people say that's what they like about my blog when compared with others, that I dive deep into the heart of where God wants me amidst the trenches of the everyday. I mean there's nothing wrong with your typical "I went to class today" blog. That's just not me. I'm good with that. I like to dive deep and find out where God exists in the mundane banalities of my everyday life-- without that... life would be boring.

Anyway, I say that to explain I might break the pattern today. Not everyday--- just today, mainly because I feel like it. This is my site.

I have some choices I have to get going on, and most of them are good solid choices. The ones that aren't--- the dirty work--- are choices that I needed to make and act on a long time ago to try and get me to the center of where God wants me. I get excited about that, God doesn't let my dragging feet hamper Him from doing what's best for me and getting me out of seperation and friendships that are harmful or unhealthy (the friendship prieviously referenced in the entry "Our Equipment is Faulty"). He's showing me how to get out of stuff I ought not be. For instance, at Bible Study the other night, I got some really prophetic like words given to me on how to stand up for the truth of the Gospel and not the interpretations of men. God's showing me stuff and it rocks.

Another cool decisions that I may be going next summer to China to learn more Chinese through MSU. I always get apprehensive about doing big stuff like this because I have this rational side of me that likes to war with the adventurer side. The same thing happened when I did Spanish camp last summer. I want to go, if you must know. I long for adventures passionately, as the desert does rain or the wilderness the sweetness of dew. But there is always this part of me that whispers I should stay home, maybe work at home all summer, and not do anything because that's the smart thing to do. I don't know if I trust that voice, because if I keep listening to it, I never go anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't the rational side that shows me when something is a bad idea or financially unfeasible. I listen to that voice all the time. It's foolish not to. The fact is, I am going to need these credits anyway, it costs about the same to go China and study as it does to live on campus here in East Lansing, and if I'm going to be in debt, I might as well go to China for my trouble. I have addressed all that and it makes sense to do this. That's not the issue.

However, there is always this voice in my head that says that maybe I'll need the money for a full time job this summer or maybe I should stay at my communities or maybe I should do this or maybe I should do that. That voice asks me, "what is easier and more sane?" instead of "where is the adventure?" And frankly a voice like that, I don't trust.

Anyway, please keep praying all who read. Simply put, my line of reasoning on China could be wrong. Pray I hear God because it's not an exact science I think. (My soul has a tendency to confuse the voice of God with fear or myself--- I don't know why, they often sound nothing alike). I covet your prayers, combined they are worth more than a million trips to the uttermost parts of the earth. I love God and I praise Him with all my deep core for giving me all of you. You all, if you read this, help shape me in a way that you shan't know until the LORD comes again and wrecks the evil that sore besets us all.

And that Day, "a day like any other day", is one I eagerly anticipate.

In altissimus--- Gloria ad Deum

Daniel

3 Comments:

At 6:08 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Daniel,

Omigosh...you need to GO. I mean, geez oh Petes. You wanted to learn languages in the first place so you could travel, be a missionary...etc. If a semester abroad would cost the same as a semester at MSU, DO IT. Finances aren't an excuse, so DO IT. There are people in China who are waiting to hear the gospel, who are hungry for someone who has read through the Word in several translations, heck, in it's ORIGINAL language, who could explain it in their OWN language. I could SO see you in some village somewhere, or even in some big city somewhere, helping students become more fluent in English, more fluent in the language of God...doing things with the underground church, preaching the gospel to those who are persecuted...maybe even rescuing the persecuted.

And what's here in Michigan for you? Making coffee? Come on. This is the only time of your life that you're not attached to some morgage or wife or kids or dog that prevents you from up and taking off. You need to do it before you get old and tied down, like some of us...

Unless of course going to China is your step to getting tied down. :)Maybe in China you could meet some little chinese woman, fall in love, get married, and have a half-Chinese-half-white daughter who ends up looking and acting like ME! (whoa...scary...)

 
At 9:11 下午, Blogger Daniel said...

HAHA, yeah, I don't know if the world could take another Linda....

I mean what can I say... You are right. I owe it to the God of Adventure.

Numquam pronunciare mendicam sed ego sum homo indomitus....

I never tell lies, but I am a savage

(I just watched Braveheart again, could you tell?)

Daniel

 
At 8:04 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Here's my quote for you:

Life is adventurous and must be experienced with utmost riskful, God-centered living. Like walking off a cliff and knowing that floating on air and death are both blessings.

If you can help me learn Hindi, I'm dying to learn it. I'm called to missions as well, but the urgency of Christ is that we are called right where we are at this moment.... You are called to even blog. I see places on the web that offer free gospel tracts. Would you be interested in painting MSU with the message of Christ's love and His power. I would at the very least like to get together with you and pray.

Daniel Arnold
BA Elementary Education
parablesoftoday@gmail.com
arnoldd4@msu.edu

"He has shown thee what is good and what does the Lord require of thee? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with thy God."

 

发表评论

<< Home