星期日, 三月 20, 2005

I shan't fix God

I think we try to fix God, the church, or ourselves way too often. Don't get me wrong, I believe that we must always be evaluating our system to make sure it is giving us the results we want. We can't lose sight of the church's goal to be the Kingdom of God in the best and brightest way possible.

We are not the ones who achieve that goal, however. We gain our life from the vine of God. We live and breathe and have our being from God. He fixes where his church goes astray. We are just along for the crazy ride.


Daniyel

3 Comments:

At 9:56 上午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

What do you mean we are along for the ride?

 
At 10:00 上午, Blogger Michael said...

Indeed.

I should hope that we are along for the final destination, not merely for the ride. I agree that we ought to make the ride as fruitful as possible, but there needs to be a balanced focus on the ultimate goal.

 
At 10:25 下午, Blogger Daniel said...

Maybe along for the ride is a bad metaphor. My point was that God establishes His Kingdom everywhere, including in us. Sometimes I forget that it is God who establishes his Kingdom and not I.

 

发表评论

<< Home