星期四, 三月 24, 2005

the community of mystery

I am priviliged to be in the community I am in. Greenhouse, Crusade, Visions, and Bible Actors (yeah ma sorry!!!). I feel like we have this community of creative tension going on. For the most part, it's not confined to a certain ministry, All my friends share a little part of each of these distinct missional organizations. I have friends I see in GH, crusade, visions, and B.A.'s. Yet we are not bound by the common tie of one group. One organization can't contain my tribe, just as much as one man can't contain the church of Jesus. This tribe is bound by common passion and love. We our bound by our love for each other by the Love we share for our God.

We are also a community that thrives on discourse and talking things out. Questions are brought joyfully with the glory of almighty God. Questions are offerings of worship, not anathmas of perdition. We thrive on talking things out and trying to figure this God out, confident in the joy that we will never succeed. More soon about the joys of not figuring God out.

Before I go though, I quote a lot of people, both consciously and unconsciously. I have a lot of influences in my writing, I guess I feel that the strongest arguement is one that appeals to men wiser than I. That is not necessarily true. The Bible demands that we TEST EVERYTHING vigourously (1 john 4). What does that testing look like?

Daniel

1 Comments:

At 1:39 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

yea nigga thats right. we brothas. word!

 

发表评论

<< Home