星期五, 四月 15, 2005

Tremendum Dei

I'm not sure if I have a whole lot to say. Other than, "pursue God." Practice needing Him. It's a skill I don't have but I deprately want. To never forget and wrap myself in the Tremendum Dei.

Should I leave Lansing this summer? I have to call and get my interview taken care of and I don't know if I should stay or go. I feel like God has given me a ton of people whose back I can watch and who will watch my own. Part of me really wants this language camp job, but part of me wants to develop with the people God has given me. I don't know.....

In spite of this, I must need God...

and now the words of someone I would have rather liked to meet....

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight. Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway. ~engraved in the wall next to Mother Teresa's bed

2 Comments:

At 10:38 上午, Blogger Michael said...

Daniel, thank you so very much for that text from Mtr. Teresa's bedside. It's wonderful and I hadn't stumbled across is before.

I pray that you will find what is good and do what is right. The Holy Spirit will lead you in the example of the Son, and the Father will protect you along the way.

M x

 
At 1:35 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Yah...see, I have this next door neighbor who has a problem with born again Christians and with evangelism. His problem is this "I don't someone else telling me how to live my life." His other problem was "Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. No one should try to change anyone else's beliefs or push their beliefs on you."

Isn't that really the basis of it all? Because if that "someone else" trying to tell you how to live your life knows better than you. What if YOUR beliefs are wrong? Do you love the truth enough that you'd be willing to let go of your beliefs if someone were to prove them wrong?

I do NOT believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, because I love truth too much to let that happen. If someone believed that bacon cheeseburgers were healthy to eat every day, I as a Health Science major would have an obligation to tell them the truth because I have studied deeper and I know better than them. If a child believed that jumping from the roof with a cap could make them fly, I would be obligated to try to change their beliefs before they hurt themselves. Not all beliefs are equal. The false beliefs, the LIES ARE NOT EQUAL TO THE TRUTH!!!

Christians are not truly Christ-like when they are pig-headed individuals who act like they're better than everyone else. This should be obvious. Proverbs says that "A wise man seeks to understand, but a fool seeks only to air his own opinion." I don't care about my opinions, I can let those come and go. I care about truth. If we love the truth, we recognize that there are some ways to live (like the ways that Mother Theresa discussed)that are better than others, and that we must live in those ways!

Organized religion isn't the problem. I mean, come one! If we didn't assemble ourselves, we would have no music, no teaching, no prophesying over one another. Christianity was never meant to be done alone and cannot be done alone. Yes, there are bad Christian leaders who lead their flocks away. But this is no fault of Christianity, it is a fault of a human being who calls himself Christ-like and most certainly is NOT Christ-like. Let's drop the semantics and talk about this: Do you love the truth enough to recognize that not everyone's opinions are valid? That some opinions (probably some of your own) are stupid? That the way is narrow...that it's not wide...and to be called narrow-minded is not an insult, but a complement, because it means that you intolerant. Intolerant of LIES.

Anyways...I've been ranting long enough, and it has nothing to do with the original post, but since I'm to lazy to set up my own blogspot...

 

发表评论

<< Home