星期日, 二月 06, 2005

ears open

"God of Jacob" is running through my head again. We need to be this generation that pursues God doggedly. In the middle of that pursuit, we find ourselves and our true names.

I read the part in Mark (14:27) where Peter refuses to deny Jesus. He, one of Yeshua's closest diciples, eventually does deny Him. I like what Lewis said that by being so adament about his devotion to Christ, Peter ignored Christ command to pray for our daily bread. He refused to take it one day at a time.

That just majorly convicted me as I wrote it. I'm pursuing the idea of a relationship with a girl I like and I feel God is in support of the idea. But I just don't want it to get in the way of God and me. Every time I try to pursue a girl. I always spend way more time worrying about it, then I do in front of Jesus. It never works anyway, I end up getting hurt and crawling back from my God hiatus.

But if I took it one day at a time, if I throw myself on the mercy of God, it will happen if He wants it. It think God is saying,"If the relationship happens, let it. But worry about today. Today is plenty to worry about." But then again that is me assigning words to imperceptable feelings and impressions received from his word. I make no claim to speak prophetically.

It's difficult to remember what God's voice really is. I fall into the trap of thinking that he speaks on he inside only. It's as if you hear this voice in your conscience from God which you can have a conversation with. I don't think that's the only way he speaks, but I fall into the trap of only listening for His words in my soul. (However, he can speak in the soul occasionally, too.). I've heard God in movies, books, songs, friends' words, church, stories, or random encounters that make no sense. However, I don't always listen for Him there. I need to keep my ears open because I feel sometimes as though I miss a lot.

The LORD adore you, and guard you, The LORD shine his face on you, and grant your prayers, the LORD
lift up his face upon you and mark as yours, peace
and they will put my name on all the sons of Yisrael and I will adore them
-GOD

ears open
Daniyel

0 Comments:

发表评论

<< Home